Hi everyone, Dr Cris here bringing you the ask Dr Cris Show. Today’s question comes from Rochelle and she wants to know ‘how can I boost my metabolism?’
So, I have got five tips to boost your metabolism.
- The first one is make sure you’re getting a good night’s sleep. I know for many of you that is easier said than done and I have answered previously about how to get a good night’s sleep so do have a look at that.
- Number two is don’t diet. Dieting unfortunately, if done excessively and repeatedly, will slow your metabolism only because you lose muscle mass.
- The third is make sure you’re doing weight bearing activities so do some weights and do some walking. Do make sure you’re doing some form of exercise to boost your metabolism.
- The fourth is to reduce stress. Once again, I know it’s easier said than done. I have covered stress previously.
- The fifth and final is to eat immune boosting foods. Things like spices will boost your metabolism up to 10%. So those are five tips to boosting your metabolism.
I look forward to answering more of your questions. Please leave them below. I hope that you’re loving the Ask Dr Cris Show and if you would like to see more of the Ask Dr Cris Show please press the subscribe.
Holistic Medical Doctor, Author ‘Healthy Habits, 52 Ways to Better Health‘